Difficult times can create panic and hurdles you may have never encountered before. For some, these new challenges can cause anxiety, stress, or even sleep disturbances. Therefore, it is imperative to prioritize self-care and take out time for unwinding and revival.
Everything from our work to routine activities tends to be time-lined. Similarly, self-care has to be! With busier lives, it can be difficult to prioritize oneself. It is essential to add self-care in between the tasks or at a set time. By adding a self-care task, you are more likely to do it. So how can you focus on self-care when things around you are jeopardized!
Five Tips for Self-Care in Difficult Times:
1. Take Care of Your Mind and Body – For many, when life gets busier, healthy habits seem to take a back seat. Mind and body are interconnected and letting them go can make you susceptible to various illnesses.
To stay physically fit; eat well, exercise, manage stress and get enough sleep. For sound mental health; practice meditation, seek emotional support, stay connected, and maintain a consistent routine.
2. Say no to Unhealthy Means of Managing Stress – When you are going through challenging times; avoid getting easily angered, inculcate unhealthy eating patterns, inadequate sleep, social disconnection, or resorting to substance abuse (such as tobacco/alcohol/drugs).
3. Develop A Positive Approach – Not every day turns out to be good, but something good can be found in every day. Think of something, even if it is a small thing, and be thankful to God for the same before falling asleep.
4. Grasp A New Skill – As Forbes claims, self-care is not just good for an individual but also for one’s productivity. Taking up that class you have been dreaming about is not only a smart engagement but also a brilliant self-care strategy.
Whether it is for work or personal up-gradation, learning a new skill is an effective means to spend that extra time and kick-start your self-care regimen.
5. Practice Gratitude – As per research, gratitude can facilitate overall well-being. And help cope with stress and traumatic incidents. By noticing and being aware of the things to be grateful for, one can develop a sense of purpose and optimism.
Additionally, positivity can maintain the balance of mind keeping negative emotions at bay. Practice gratitude towards your family, friends, and colleagues and acknowledge their success.
With these tips, practicing self-care in these challenging times is no more an ordeal!