After iPhone & iPad OS 16, and watchOS 9.0.1, Apple has now released new firmware for Airpods Pro 2nd Gen. The update is already available on both devices which means users have hands-on with the latest firmware. Here is everything to know about the latest Apple Air Pods pro 2 firmware 2022.
The latest AirPods firmware version 2022 is 5.0 & build number is 5A77. As always Apple has not disclosed what is going to change with the firmware. But for Apple Watch Ultra we exactly know that the company is fixing audio issues with the microphone available on the device.
Apple is doing something with Apple Airpod Pro 2 something similar to Apple Watch Ultra. Here is also some exciting news about scout Airpods Max as there is news that Apple is testing a firmware update on Airpods Max as well. Which is not officially available for users.
A developer beta is available to discover if Apple is reading new Audio Codec for the improvement of calls on headphones.
Apple’s Latest Air Pods 2 Firmware Updates:
- December 2021 – In 2021 Apple pushed 4C165 firmware updates for AirPods 2nd Gen, AirPods 3rd Gen, Airpods Pro & Airpods Max. this update won’t affect the old AirPods, especially the AirPods 1st Gen. Apple hasn’t the changes & what bug 4C165 fixed.
- January 2022 – Apple Pushed 4C171 latest AirPods pro version for new Airpods 3rd Gen in this also Apple did not specify what changes or bugs 4C17 fixed from the firmware update at the time.
- May 2022 – Apple rolled out the 4E71 update for Apple AirPods Pro 2, AirPods Pro & AirPods Max & as always Apple hasn’t disclosed any changes or bug fixes.
How to Update Air Pods Pro 2?
As a result, Apple announced new firmware versions instead of the newly launched firmware version installed when the apple AirPods Pro 2 is linked through Bluetooth to your iPhone since Apple does not make it simple to manually updates AirPods Pro 2 to new firmware visions.
To Check the Air Pods Firmware Update:
- Get your iPhone’s Settings app open.
- Go to the “Bluetooth” section of the menu.
- In the list of devices check your AirPods.
- Switch the I by them.
- Pay attention to the “Firmware Version” number.