Small business owners often end up thinking that branding is not their cup of tea! And it is better left to giants such as Apple, Tesla, or Google. No matter what the business size is, a business should consider branding on a serious note. Most small businesses struggle to assimilate how branding can influence their business. And consequently face challenges in growing their businesses. Because effective branding helps in enhancing credibility, allowing customers to relate to the brand with its business offerings, build trust and increase revenue. Here are 5 Inexpensive Branding Tips for small businesses:
1. Outline the brand identity – When customers think about a business or brand, what does it imply? Describing a brand is more than opting for colors and visuals. A brand should signify the business offerings, how customers can relate to it, mission, vision, and how it stands out from its competitors. All these components define a brand’s personality and build its identity.
2. Understand the target market – It is important to determine a brand’s ideal customer base. Understanding the target customers is a vital element of any marketing strategy. A business cannot promote effectively without understanding who its potential customers are. And how a brand is different from other brands in the same industry.
Once a business identifies its target audience, more specific content and messages can be created to appeal to the desired customers. Thus, successfully targeting a potential market that fits within the expected demographic.
3. Design visuals and marketing materials – A brand’s visual identity is paramount when it comes to branding. It not only facilitates brand recognition but also builds brand reputation. A brand’s visual identity lies in its logo design, brand color, palettes, font style, photography, visual design, website, business cards, and content on social media.
A business is not required to hire an expensive branding or digital marketing expert – it can hire a branding consultant that is easy on the budget.
4. Define brand guidelines – Brand guidelines are a document that discusses all the aspects of a business. It helps the clients in understanding what the brand is all about. If a business is planning to outsource marketing content, brand guidelines help in understanding the brand message while designing the marketing materials.
It includes brand mission/vision, values, logos, brand story, imagery, typography, sample copy, brand voice, and audience personas.
5. Distinguish the brand – Brands don’t just converse with graphics, but also through text and spoken words. To maintain consistent brand identity, it is crucial to align the chosen words with brand personality. It is crucial for a business to present a visual brand that the audiences can recognize and identify with. Making a brand stand out with a unique design helps carve its niche in the market.
With these tips, branding is every small business’s cup of tea!